Then I dazzled him by spouting off all the Italian I could remember from the "Italian For Kids" cassette tapes I got from the library when I was about 10, mostly useless phrases like, "Where is the door? Where are my friends? One, two, three... I like school. Where is the teacher? Four, five, six..." That pretty much exhausted my mastery of the language. Little did I know I'd have a very foxy, Italian-teaching husband tutoring me through my accelerated Italian class mere months later!
We sat together in Music 101 thenceforth (consequently learning almost nothing about music). He was dating someone. I was dating someone. Most days after class I borrowed his cell phone to call my beau to see where he wanted to meet for lunch! But after a few "study sessions" (during which we didn't study a lick, but only succeeded in driving everyone else in the group crazy with our shenanigans--just ask Ang...) and a really enjoyable little outing (not a date!) his flirting became more bold. Finally, during lecture a few days later, I wanted some answers.
"Why are you flirting with me?"
Stunned pause.
"I mean, are you just a flirt? Or do I merit some special attention?"
"Well no, actually, I'm not. And yes, actually, you do."
"Okay. Let's talk about it."
Later that night we meandered around campus for hours. We decided we'd both end things with our significant others and see what would happen. Then we hugged.
And I was home.
Happy anniversary, Darling. Here's to five years of me trying to change your taste in shoes... maybe I'll succeed sometime in the next five?
2 comments:
Cutest post ever! Come visit me for said anniversary! Great idea I know. I'll watch Tilly while you go to the Chinese buffet...
Happy Anniversary, you two. I know exactly what you mean, Kik, when you said you were home. That's just what happened when I first hugged your cousin. :o)
Post a Comment