I used to be skeptical about couponing and those who engaged in it, promptly disposing of all those annoying ads from the mail pile and believing that the only things one could get a really killer deal on were things like twinkies and kool aid. However, I've since seen the light and taken up the hobby, thanks to the examples of some couponers of my acquaintance who I know wouldn't touch Twinkies or kool aid with a ten-foot pole. And now, having felt for myself the exhilaration of walking out of a store knowing that I have not only saved, but MADE money on my bags and bags of lute, I'm hooked!
So, in case you, Gentle Reader, share my old skepticism, I have a challenge for you: a check, generously donated by Schick, for the value of $7.99 to the reader who can guess how much money I spent on all of this:
The winner will be announced Monday. Take luck!
* As I spell-check this post, I'm told that "couponing", "couponer" and "catalina" are not words. Yes, I know dear Spell-check. It's all new to me too.
13 comments:
i'm guessing $11 but i have no idea! i am proud that you are a couponer! will you teach me???? i have no idea how to get started!
I'm not a couponer either, yet...but I'll guess $14. Will you teach me, too? I need Kathryn to take me out a few more times. Maybe if I had a free razor I'd shave a little more often but, then again, maybe not. Don't forget!
I'm guessing $30.
That's a lot of stuff (and very nicely organized there) I will guess $25
I'm gonna go for 38 dollars. And you better be sharing all your secrets and advice in another post! I've started couponing in the last year but am not very good at it - I need to know all the tricks!!!
I am going to guess $23. I would love to know your tricks too!
Hmmm. I know that about 3/4 of that stuff you wouldn't buy normally...and I bet you had a bunch of "buy 3 for the price of half"...so I'm saying 26 schmoosies. I need to get organized and do that too. Food storage/172 hr. kits, here we come!
P. S. My word verification word was ratie. Funny, huh?
I think a grand $24. Why do you need 1,943 things of lotion though? You live in the midwest friend... It rains lotion there.
My guess is $18, I am just beginning to learn the art of couponning from my sis in law. I am very impressed with your skills.
$35.00 is my guess. Quite proud of you, little Rivka :D
If this game is like Price is Right my hope is that everyone has overbid... I say $1!!!
- Joseph
Okay, I've been out of couponing for a couple weeks now, so I'm not up on the deals... so I'm going to say, $7 buckaroos.
Post a Comment