Thursday, January 1, 2009

Back to School

During our summer in Michigan, we acquired a taste for the finer things in life, such as bathro doors and full-sized ovens. So we returned to Provo in style, toting our belated wedding gift, the scooter, and excited to move into a… (drum roll please)… ONE BEDROOM APARTMENT! Let's do a little before and after to give you a better idea of what a step up this was for us:

This is how we roll!

Our old bathroom. So convenient! No door to hassle with, and great for multitasking. You can sit on the toilet, wash your right foot in the sink, and shave your left leg in the shower all at the same time!

Old entry/family/living/bed room.

Old kitchen.
New kitchen.

So much space! I didn't even know what to do with myself.

But Chace is loving it!

We've loved having a place to entertain and watch movies with our friends. I used to be a little awkward having people over. And movies were almost absolutely out, unless we felt that we were close enough with our friends to have them snuggle in bed with us to watch something on the laptop! The burrow certainly had its advantages, but we sure like having room to leave the kitchen table up all week and not just for Sunday dinners.

4 comments:

Annalea said...

Wow. Your new digs are palatial! I can barely SEE Chace in that last photo. ;o)

Just one word of wisdom. Don't buy ANYTHING. lol Don't fill up your new space. Keep it minimal, keep it clear, and live in it. (This is coming from a Grade-A packrat.)

Have fun, and we'll see you in the Spring!

Peterson's said...

HEY HEY, Kiki! This is your old long ago friend Chelsea (edwards) now Peterson! I went in search of your blog after my sister Ashlee told me she had your sisters. I and new I had to find my old friend Rivka! Looks like you guys keep yourself busy!
check out our blog! scpeterson3.blogspot

Allens, Inc. said...

Holy cow! I didn't even know you moved. I hopped on here expecting to see Niagra Falls. Thanks for adding. Nice place, though I am going to miss having to up the volume on conversations while people are using the bathroom to avoid embarrassing moments--or not, depending on who it is... I'd like to see this palace before you move for good. We'll see if it happens before April. Congrats!

MKMT said...

You two are surely moving up in the world! Congrats - this bathroom is a big improvement!